Like all of the parts in the Micro Drone 3.0 the motor arms are modular, so if one is broken through a hard crash it is easily replaced.
To swap out a motor arm:
- Start by removing the shell (for more information please see the removing the shell tutorial)
- Each motor arm is secured by one screw. Take a Philips head screwdriver and remove the screw.
- Unplug the arm from the PCB by gently pulling it out.
- Slide out the arm being replaced and slide in the new arm, ensuring it is the correct arm for the position and the arm goes in all of the way.
- Put the screw back into position and turn clockwise until it is thumb tight.
- Finally plug the new arm into the empty socket in the PCB and put the shell back on.